To sign up to receive our emails, fill in the following fields and hit submit. Thanks, and welcome!
FAQ‘S & INFORMATION
Includes commemorative long-sleeve 2014 Turkey Trot T-shirt
Pre-registration ends Nov. 25
T-shirts only guaranteed for pre-registered participants
Onsite registration t-shirts are first-come, first-serve
Includes Turkey Trot sticker
Does NOT include a Turkey Trot t-shirt
To receive a Turkey Trot T-shirt pre-register as an adult/teen
Not a morning person? Stuck at home cooking the Turkey? Addicted to watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? You can still participate and receive a commemorative long-sleeve T-Shirt
- Onsite Registration:
- Available starting at 7:30am
- T-shirts are NOT guaranteed – they are first come, first serve
- Cash, checks & credit cards accepted
- Packet Pick Up: Pre-registration packet w/ t-shirts @ Hospitality House Nov. 21-25 from 1-5pm
- Start Time: 9:00 am – timed run for competitive runners will kickoff at 9am with casual walkers, runners and joggers immediately following.
- Trot Route Length: 5K
- Parking: Watauga Parks & Recreation lot on Hunting Hills Lane
- Trot Start / Finish: Clawson-Burnley Park
- First Aid: provided by Red Cross, stationed at Trot start/finish
- Trot Map: Click here: http://hospitalityhouseofboone.org/index.php?id=27
- Route Terrain: Greenway Trail path – partial paved, partial dirt path with a slight incline around the ½ way point.
- Who can participate: EVERYONE IS WELCOME
- runners, walkers, joggers, speed walkers
- dogs (on leashes)
- Weather policy:
- Rain, shine or snow – we are a GO: (Some folks no longer have the luxury of being indoors during bad weather. We ask that you remember the purpose of our Trot, be thankful that you have a home to go to and come on out to help those less fortunate. )
- Snow: plows available and trails will be clear
- Severe Weather: lightning, flooding, hurricane winds: assessment will be made day of. Check the web site http://hosphouse.org or call 828.264.1237 if you are unclear.
- Event cancellation: if event is cancelled for any reason, you can pick up your shirts at Hospitality House and you will receive a THANK YOU letter for your entry fee/donation.
- Food Donations: boxed goods, canned goods, coffee, tea, sugar, food cards
- Non-Food Donations: diapers, wipes, wash clothes, gift cards
- Donation Drop Bins: available at the Trot start/finish
- Monetary Donations: Cash, Checks & Credit Cards will be accepted at the Trot start
- Benefitting: Hospitality House is a 501c(3) non-profit organization and sole beneficiary of this event. All registration fees and monetary, food and non-food donations will benefit the people in homeless, crisis and poverty situations that we serve.
Turkey Trot Map 2014